Ever consider building a website for your party? The classic method of informing people about your event was to send out paper invitations. This method evolved to send out electronic invitations. Well it is high time for another evolutionary step. With the advent of social media it has become easier than ever to get the word out about your party. Our suggestion, build a website for your party! Follow the brief tutorial below to see how you can setup your own party site.
It is no secret that it costs a little money to start a website. On average a website can be made and maintained for under $20.00. The primary cost is the web hosting service (we suggest Bluehost.com as a host). You can use a free, easy to use, website builder like Wix or Weebly to actually construct the visual elements of your site. Be sure to include the date/time of the party, food options available, and be sure to mention any fun items you will be having like laser tag, bouncers, Fun Foods, or carnival games. The best part of all, you can use the website year after year for different parties!
Get the Word Out
Get the word out about your party. Link your new website to facebook so all of your friends will be able to visit the site. You can even use a free service like mailchimp to start an emailing list regarding your party. Keep all your guests up to date with party changes via colorful emails you design yourself. Having a website and facebook page for your party will ensure that all your guests are informed and it will save you the hand cramps from writing out all those invitations.
For a successful party in the digital age follow these general guidelines:
- Buy a website URL (example: www.myparty.com) We suggest using an inexpensive web hosting service like Bluehost
- Build your site, construct the visual elements of your site using a free easy to use builder like Wix or Weebly.
- Be sure to include all the important info on your site like date, time, and location of the party.
- Setup an email list for your party guests so they can stay informed on the status of the party (optional)
- Use social media like facebook and twitter to get your website URL our there.
- Be sure to relax! Parties are supposed to be fun.